Education against poverty and unemployment
In Kenya as in many African countries, poverty affect particularly children. Economic problems such as unemployment, lack of education and social support lead to extreme poverty. For children who grow up under these circumstances, everyday life is nothing but the daily struggle for survival.
Over 850 children in Nelaa Primary School have to share 8 classrooms and a kindergarten. From the 1st to the 8th grade there are more than 65 students in a classroom. Several children share a school bench. Only 12 Teachers are available. They are underpaid and feel overwhelmed by the situation.
- There are neither Toilets nor a kitchen to prepare school meals.
- The pupils lack seats and teaching materials.
- The children have inadequate clothing.
Good education is the key to eradicate poverty!
What it costs?
- For example a kindergarten building costs $ 45.000
- The catering for 850 children costs $ 500 monthly.
- A first- aid facility and toilet facility for the school costs $ 20.000
Through our educational projects, children will be given the opportunity to go to school and learn a profession. In this way we enable girls and boys to live a self-determined life as adults. It is therefore essential that all children have access to education in order to promote the development of society as a whole. The quality of education needs to be improved and priority for final grades in primary and secondary schools have to be defined.
Tips and Ideas…
You are a teacher or work professionally with children and you want your class to support other children who are less fortune? There are many ways how school can help K-CV grow! For both students and for teachers.
How about a marathon at your school?
Find out how school fundraisers can support the work of K-CV. Your school donation will directly benefits children and families in need. You strongly support and promote K-CV idea by raising awareness.
- Parental consent for their children to participate
- A table or a cover where goods may be represented
- Price Labels
Sell cake and Self-made items.
To initiate a bazaar on the school summer festival or the Christmas season, is a good thing. Your class could for example sale a home – made cakes or drinks and then donate the proceeds. Perhaps the children also like to do Art and craft and sell the items in favor of K-CV.
What you need:
- Sufficient space to set up tables.
- Service for visitors.
- Paper plates, cups and cutlery for guests to make eating easier.
What you need:
- A suitable location with good acoustics and music-inspired audience.
- Advertise your event.
- To make the event attractive, you can download our Infos Flyer to distribute at the event, a K-CV Poster or order a K-CV donation box. The fundraising event will helps raise awareness of K-CV charitable work.
Become K-CV Youth Ambassador
Are you a student or under 23 years of age and want to make a difference in the lives of the less fortune in the kenyan villages? There are many ways in which you can help support our work: